Try Google Chrome to Win $500 Newegg Gift Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Wow, the contest page doesn't even work in Chrome... I had to use Firefox roflmao!

LOL Chances of winning are what... 1 in 21948719074091273 people?

Might try it just for fun though. Never tried Chrome before. And who doesn't want $500 to spend at NewEgg.com????

juncture

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2010
[citation][nom]KarlitoBrigante[/nom]Wow, the contest page doesn't even work in Chrome... I had to use Firefox roflmao![/citation]
Works for me in chrome... update your version if you haven't already.

jskilnyk

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
I've been using chrome since its release. I love how fast it is. However, its funny that the only site I have issues with Chrome is tomshardware. For some reason my middle mouse button does not work on the site. I think it has something to do with Flash.

mancream

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
I've got it and love it but it has no tabs which is what I mostly want and addons what most websites use.

I'm still keeping it XD

One problem though, I "entered" the contest, it stopped at the third page (3) Confirmation and couldn't do anything past that point. Can't enter again, never really got to page 4. Weird.

toxxel

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2009
Entry page doesn't work correctly, I got to step 4 which doesn't load and says conformation on tab 3 but tab 4 isn't there had nothing to confirm.

Page doesn't load correctly with Firefox IE or Chrome this is my experience.

G

7.0.517.44 on Kubuntu 10.10 - The form overlaps the text although I was still able to fill it out. Should probably fix since it is a Chrome contest, after all...

Elijah

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]juncture[/nom]Works for me in chrome... update your version if you haven't already.[/citation]
I had the same problem, yet my Chrome is up-to-date.

Anyway I've been using Chrome ever since the release of Windows 7, considering Firefox didn't initially work on it all that well. Occasionally, I'll see things that don't work on Chrome, on Tomshardware, for instance, some ads that cover the articles. The pages in question work just fine in any other browser.

cricketdog

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Only the US eh.Either way, I'm not willing to let Google data mine me.[/citation]
Actually, the number is spelled differently than the company: Googol

Jzcaesar

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah, I'm getting the same formatting errors as toxxel, so I hope my entry goes through. I really like using chrome though, it has a very clean interface.

thechief73

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I have been sticking it out on IE8 and my old PC running XP but this is one heck of an incentive to try out Chrome and maybe get a big head start on that new PC build. :D

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
[citation][nom]jskilnyk[/nom]I've been using chrome since its release. I love how fast it is. However, its funny that the only site I have issues with Chrome is tomshardware. For some reason my middle mouse button does not work on the site. I think it has something to do with Flash.[/citation]

I can confirm that, although on rare occasions, middle works. But for most of the time, I have to right-click to open in new tabs. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.