Question Trying to add a second ssd hard drive but I can’t use it

Dec 24, 2019
I have a computer my I built for my son years ago. We started with a 250gb ssd drive attached via SATA cable. I just bought him an EVO Plus 500mb M.2 HD because the motherboard had a place for it. Installed it and driver’s successfully but it won’t let me use the new M.2 HD. If I go to the new HD properties it shows up and says it’s working properly. Neither drive has a designation as a C or D drive like I’ve always seen on other computers. Both show up under “my computer” but it won’t allow me to use the new M.2 at all, it says available space is 0 out of 0. The OS is on my original HD, using Windows 10. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thank you very much for any help!

I have a computer my I built for my son years ago. We started with a 250gb ssd drive attached via SATA cable. I just bought him an EVO Plus 500mb M.2 HD because the motherboard had a place for it. Installed it and driver’s successfully but it won’t let me use the new M.2 HD. If I go to the new HD properties it shows up and says it’s working properly. Neither drive has a designation as a C or D drive like I’ve always seen on other computers. Both show up under “my computer” but it won’t allow me to use the new M.2 at all, it says available space is 0 out of 0. The OS is on my original HD, using Windows 10. Any ideas what I did wrong? Thank you very much for any help!
It must be formatted and BIOS set to UEFI. Also try installing newest drivers and Samsung Magician from Samsung site.