[SOLVED] Trying to boot for 1st time. Lights on mobo but nothing else works?

Aug 2, 2019
Just gave the rig power for the first time. All components are there except for the GPU. CPU has integrated graphics so i figured id start downloading some stuff but when i hit the PSU on, i get lighting on the motherboard but absolutely nothing else shows signs of life. No fan spin, no rgb, no lights on ram, no aio unit, no front panel lights. I know i did not plug in the usb3.0 header to the front panel but that probably doesn't matter.

I have read many of the troubleshooting threads on here and have tried many of the options out with no luck. This is all starting to drive me insane. Somebody please help this noob.

mobo: asus prime z390a
cpu: intel i7-9700k
gpu: nvidia rtx 2080ti - waiting to be picked up from ups store :)
ram: trident z royal 16gb
cooler: corsair h150 pro
psu: corsair rmx850 gold
fans: x9 lian li bora lite and x3 corsair (came with aio) (yes these are powered via a 12w controller)

Any ideas? Thx

Solution
Need to either set USB to first boot device or press whatever key activates boot device selection (F8 or F12 typically IIRC, depends on the manufacturer).
Aug 2, 2019
woot woot! it ended up being a single case header but i hit another road block pretty quickly. Now it can not find any bootable devices even though i have the windows 10 usb in. (i have also tried every single usb on the system. Any more ideas?

Thanks for the help btw