Trying to boot/install Kali Linux with Yumi.

hunter24958

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Hello, I'm trying to install Kali Linux on my old laptop (2013, windows 8, Pavilion G6) via a bootable flashdrive but every time I boot with the flashdrive plugged in the screen keeps flashing on/off and the fans go crazy. I can't access the BIOS nor access BOOT devices, the PC boots fine when I don't have the USB stick in. I've tried disabling "secureboot" or safeboot or whatever it's called and enabled legacy, but still nothing seems to work. I've also tried many different methods of writing to the flashdrive but still none work. I've tried the usb stick on a different PC and it can boot to it fine, even though it's an old model. I just don't know what to do, please help. Thank you.

EDIT: The PC just overheated and shutoff... I have no idea what's wrong.

Why do you need Kali linux ?? a lot of people do not really understand the amount of trouble you can get into if you misuse it so be careful.
Try a different OS such as fedora and use their flash tool and see if it works might be kali is just incompatible with your hardware.

hunter24958

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014

I've just tried Ubuntu with YUMI, still nothing, it's seems to be my PC which is rejecting the bootable USB. The screen just keeps turning on and off and the fans go crazy until the PC has to turn off due to overheating, I've never seen anything like this before...