Trying to boot into my USB

plusgamers35

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
Hey! I'm trying to boot into my usb in my laptop so i can install a fresh new windows. But i have a problem, the usb stick wont be recognized as a bootable option. When i get into usb config the USB is there (img 3). In the boot tab (img 4) nothing appears, it wont let me order the boot options. And in save and exit tab (img 6) it lets me "Override" the boot option, so i could select which boot option do i want to start with, and the USB doesnt show up. (BTW, in the security tab it wont let me edit anything but user password. I already tried disconnecting cmos battery but the cmos wont reset)

Thanks in advance!

plusgamers35

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
What is the model name of your laptop?
It's a brand from my country... I bet the company bought laptops from china or something and branded their name. The name is Ultrabook EXO Nifty N3245
I was researching and the manual says that they wont give warranty (that ended a couple years ago) of BIOS malfunctioning, i guess not even them know about the bios

It's a brand from my country... I bet the company bought laptops from china or something and branded their name. The name is Ultrabook EXO Nifty N3245
I was researching and the manual says that they wont give warranty (that ended a couple years ago) of BIOS malfunctioning, i guess not even them know about the bios
Can you disable Secure Boot in the BIOS? That may help.

plusgamers35

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
I see it listed at the bottom of image 5 that you posted above.
Yes, but it wont let me modify it. I cant edit anything that has the text on gray
And normally Secure boot (at least in my desktop bios) would be in the bios section, and in here it isn't

Yes, but it wont let me modify it. I cant edit anything that has the text on gray
And normally Secure boot (at least in my desktop bios) would be in the bios section, and in here it isn't
I am not sure about this particular laptop (most of the information about this laptop is in Spanish) but the BIOS may be intentionally locked down to prevent you from installing a new operating system.

Reactions: plusgamers35

plusgamers35

Commendable
Feb 19, 2018
I am not sure about this particular laptop (most of the information about this laptop is in Spanish) but the BIOS may be intentionally locked down to prevent you from installing a new operating system.
Yeah, that's what i thought, it seemed very strange for me and i came to see if maybe it was something i didnt knew. I'll see if i can take off the hdd install windows from another computer and then put the hdd back like i do with another laptop.

Thanks for everything!

TRENDING THREADS