Trying to build a PC around 300 that pays Arma 2 and Supreme ruler

Supergirl1790

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014
Hello, I'm pretty new to the gaming world or rather PC gaming, but I'm trying to take it slow this time before buying a 1000 dollar PC. I need the requirements specifications to play Arma 2 and Supreme Ruler for a built, because I don't know how to build PC, or find parts to a PC that around 350 USD maybe I could try to build a PC, but I just wanted play Arma 2 and Supreme Ruler, also I stores like Microcenter, Best buy, etc around I live so this would be a big help.:D

Supergirl1790

Reputable
Jun 17, 2014

Why would I spend thousands of dollars on a PC, and I'm not even a PC gamer at that, it would be blowing thousands of dollars on a short hobby, if spend that it would be a waste of money and time, I'm just trying to see what's PC gaming like, sorry for being rude.

no one said anything about thousands of dollars 700-800 would get you a decent gaming computer that would run any game on high setting bare minimum i would say is $600 sorry for saying so but building a $350 computer would be a total waste in my opinion so my advice up the budget or not build it at all.

Jj Vigil

Reputable
Sep 14, 2014
ok first of when people say you can build a pc for 300$ they make me mad, yes this is not gonna be the best system out there but I got this pc for a friend and he playz arma,and a little dayz with me you wont get max settings you will have to mess with them but when you get the settings figured out you will be very surprised. You can play other games like Bf4 and call of duty at 1080p on medium settings and youll be playing like a consoll but at 1080p instead of 720p but you could go down to 720p and play very good for the price. But heres the specs, PS. anyone that looks at this will be supprised. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kMpt99

The video chip in the top APUs is about the level of the nVidia 8800/9800 so it will work OK for lower settings on new games. Not a bad idea to use the A8 or A10 chips for a cheap system for games, as long as the RAM is good and there is lots of it, system will run OK. I just tried out an A4 system and the video performance came a bit under the nVidia 630 which was the recommended low end gaming card so it's not absolutely horrible for light games and low settigs.