Trying to build a pc for gaming and mining ,need expert advice

preetham.prasanna

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Hi,

I'm want to build a pc that i can game with and mine etherium with ,these are components i want to use in the build
Part Name
AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X
Cooler Master - Hyper 612
ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC)
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB
Seagate Baaracuda 3 TB
2 Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB
2 MSI Radeon​ RX 580 Gaming x 8gb
Corsair - 780T ATX Full Tower Case
Corsair Hxi 1200
.PCI Express Riser Cards

First question: will i be able to connect all the graphic cards and fit them in the cabinet?
Second Question:Will be the power and ram be suffcient
Third Question:Need advice on the type of coolers and fans i need to install if all the cards can be connected

preetham.prasanna

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks Hellfire...much appreciated ...i have decided to go ahead with the build with just the rx vega 64 cards .....what addtional fans or coolers do u suggest i include in the build ?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
You need to make 2 different PC's
For mining you would use a very low watt CPU 4gb of memory would do and to use risers a open air bench instead of a case, undervolt the video cards but keep them stable, a Small SSD would work fine. You need it to use as little power as possible.

I would go with a better cooler like the Cryorig H5/H7 or Scythe Mugen/Fuma for some better cooling. If I have guessed it correctly, you are from the Indian Subcontinent, where ambient is higher, so even a Noctua NH-D15 can serve you well.
Your case(should you choose to use the existing in your list), has these fan slots, with one front and one rear included by default...
Front: (x3) 120mm or (x2) 140mm
Top: (x3) 120mm or (x2) 140mm
Rear: (x1) 120/140mm
Bottom: (x2) 120mm
Fit all the other slots with quality PWM fans with front and bottom as intake and top and rear as exhaust.

preetham.prasanna

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Thanks Zerk2012 :)....for mining i'm thinking of going with
ASRock H110 Pro BTC+ LGA 1151 Intel H110 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Pentium G4400 Skylake Dual-Core 3.3GHz
Version 6 risers
Corsair RM850W
3 Msi rx 580 8gb cards

and for gaming i want to use
AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X
Cooler Master - Hyper 612
ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO (WI-FI AC)
Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000
Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB
Seagate Baaracuda 3 TB
2 Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB in crossfire
Corsair Crystal Series 570X
Corsair Hxi 1000

I need advice on the cooling solutions for both the mining and gaming rigs ,like how many addtional fans i would need for the gaming setup and the type of fans i would need for the mining setup....please suggest a few good options

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
If your using the open case design (all this takes is a place to mount the board and video cards) then probably no fans if you can undervolt the video cards. Might get a 200mm fan to blow on the cards it should get 3 cards and still have decent spacing of the cards.
Your not going to like what I say on the gaming build BUT I would look at the new I5 8600K coming out tomorrow (6 cores and much faster single core speed than the AMD processor paired with a single GTX 1080ti (depending on your monitor resolution and refresh rate)
2 of them amd cards are going to put off a massive amount of heat.
Still a killer game on video cards.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Radeon_RX_Vega_64/27.html
With that case it already comes with 3 front fans so add the back and top back 120mm fans blowing out.