Question Trying to connect Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones to PC via USB port with adapter ?

Nov 17, 2020
Hello does anyone have experience with Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones? i tried to connect the headphone via usb through an adapter because my audio jack is broken. And if I connect it through bluetooth there was a limitation problem when I try use discord Voice chat and youtube at the same time( Voice chat and microphone will work but anything beside that will be muted , havent found a workaround for this).

So I came with the final solution is getting an adapter with usb plug and a female audio jack on other side. But I meet a new problem now that I can't use the microphone?

Hello does anyone have experience with Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones? i tried to connect the headphone via usb through an adapter because my audio jack is broken. And if I connect it through bluetooth there was a limitation problem when I try use discord Voice chat and youtube at the same time( Voice chat and microphone will work but anything beside that will be muted , havent found a workaround for this).

So I came with the final solution is getting an adapter with usb plug and a female audio jack on other side. But I meet a new problem now that I can't use the microphone?

Need some details what you are connecting this to, laptop or desktop, what USB sound card you bought, what microphone are you using and how that and the headphones are connected? From what I see abut that headphone model, they don't have a microphone in them so you are using some other mic with them? Did you check the sound setting that the mic is selected as the input?

ien2222

Distinguished
As an FYI for anybody looking at this thread for reference, with the 1000xm series...at least 1 through 3 (though I would assume they will continue the trend with future versions), the mic can only be used via bluetooth as the headphones do not contain the hardware needed to transmit via 3.5mm TRRS.

Feb 1, 2021
Hi Tarussa,
If you don't have bluetooth on your PC (like me), I found a really nice application to use!

It's called AudioRelay (audiorelay.net)
It sends the audio through your Wi-Fi network or USB to your Android device!
I prefer to connect it through USB, because that's the most stable connection with none to minimal delay.
You'll have to turn on USB Tethering on your Android device though, otherwise it can't connect.
This way you can connect your headphones with BT to your phone and listen to your PC audio :)

Hope I helped you out with this ;)

TRENDING THREADS