Trying to connect to an ethernet?

jules92

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to connect to a wired network at a university nearby. They have to manually accept my computer by it's Mac Address, so I found it and gave it to them. They took the address and registered it. I plugged the ethernet cable in and still couldn't get any signal, although their computer read that I was connected. This leads me to think my computer may have some problem. I don't know a lot about wired networking, could someone please help?

Thanks,
-Julian

Solution
Go into the Control Panel and Network and Internet and then the adaptor settings to make sure that the network adaptor is enabled. Thier computer may have read that you were connected but that just might be a reading that the end of the cable was pluged in so you need to rind out if they asre reading your network adaptors Mac address
Go into the Control Panel and Network and Internet and then the adaptor settings to make sure that the network adaptor is enabled. Thier computer may have read that you were connected but that just might be a reading that the end of the cable was pluged in so you need to rind out if they asre reading your network adaptors Mac address

Solution