Question Trying to control lightning Node ICUE

Sep 8, 2022
Hey guys, let me just say, this ICUE stuff has been wonky. I swear at one point I was able to control all 7 of my fans in ICUE, now it only controls 6 of them. Those being the ones on the Core Commander module. Since it only fit 6, I had to plug my 7th fan into the Lighting node and then into the mobo for power. When I pull up ICUE, all I see is the motherboard, liquid cooler lighting, RAM, gfx card, keyboard and it says lightning node core, but when I open it, it only shows 6 and when I mess with colors, only 6 change. I can't find the 7th anywhere. Any idea what I'm missing?

Oct 25, 2022
7th fan should be on the motherboard bios

You could could also put the 7th on splitter with any of the others on commander, but it would clone the same settings on the one it shares with

Sep 8, 2022
7th fan should be on the motherboard bios

You could could also put the 7th on splitter with any of the others on commander, but it would clone the same settings on the one it shares with

Hey man. When you say the 7th fan should be on the motherboard BIOS, do you mean the motherboard lighting in ICUE? I looked there but it only shows, 3 back IO and 1 RBG Header. All of these seem to only tweak the ROG logo on the motherboard.

The splitter, is that something I would need to pick up?

Oct 25, 2022
Im at work but here is a quick setup with using all corsair parts and not splitting or using the motherboard.
When I get a chance I will mockup a 7 fan using the motherboard + splitters

mn0MDS4.png

1344288028_XT10fanelitesetup.thumb.png.6d657e32a72ed87aabf240303b259bcc.png

ALI.jpg.c6fd1e7d733d8f36f49a16b31bc32509.jpg

Sep 8, 2022
Hey man, so I decided to uninstall the ROG Armory and iCUE and just reinstall iCUE. All a sudden, viola, the 7th fan is cycling through the color spectrum. Now I'm still concerned that if I go off the default/standard rainbow color scheme, it'll deactivate again because I don't see it detected anywhere in iCUE :/