Trying to decide between these two displays. Any help is surely appreciated!

testudoAubreii

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Hi. I can only game at 1080p and will not be upgrading, or upping, the resolution any time soon. I am also aware of some of the issues with 1080p and bigger displays, but I am okay with it.

I have two monitors that I am looking at, the AOC 27" i2757fh and the ASUS 27" MX279h. From what I researched, they are both decent monitors. I have used ASUS products in the past without any problems, but I do not have any experience with AOC products. Like I stated, however, the reviews are fine for both.

I have also researched response time and input lag on both brands and models. There is a great article on TFTcentral about the AOC model. It states that the response time is 5ms and the input lag averages at 5.1ms and topped out at 6ms.

The ASUS model has a response time of 5ms, but the only thing I can find on its input lag is 10ms.

I should probably add that I will be using it for gaming. No work or anything, just gaming and most likely Battlefield. I am no "pro" by any means, but if I can get a little more help from a monitor to make my personal experience better, I am all for it.

Can you all please offer me some advice or suggestions to help aid in my decision? They are both around the same price when on sale, if that helps.

Thank you in advance for all of your help and suggestions.

Solution
I have owned 4 AOC screens in the past (still have three of them). They are a great value for the money. Asus is a well respected brand too. You probably can't go wrong with either one. If you can, view them in person and make your final decision. And don't worry about 1080p on a 27," they still look nice, just not quite as sharp. I use a 32" 1080p screen and love it.
I have owned 4 AOC screens in the past (still have three of them). They are a great value for the money. Asus is a well respected brand too. You probably can't go wrong with either one. If you can, view them in person and make your final decision. And don't worry about 1080p on a 27," they still look nice, just not quite as sharp. I use a 32" 1080p screen and love it.

Solution