[SOLVED] Trying to decide on a case upgrade

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Im going to be doing some changes to my current pc ,,, New Case motherboard Nvme , maybe a RTX 3060 when they are released and a couple other things ,,, Im about Airflow and I don't really want to use an AIO soo, i been looking at some cases ,,,, currently im using a micro atx case ,,, ThermalTake Versa H18 Tg There are several things i don't like this case 1. the Video card ( a gigabyte OC 6G 1660 super) sits very close to the shroud so air probably is being limited,, the back pci slot bracket is a joke and doesnt work at all, my front IO i think has a short in the usb 2.0 outputs, the front fan mounts are almost as thin as tinfoil, i run 2 - Arctic BioniX F120 Fans in the front due to the bearing being fluid dynamic they sometimes hit the metal on the case ,,,,, (since the metal flexes when you turn it on sometimes ) it still runs a bit warmer than id like seems like the front panel even though vented gets limited air

ok you get the picture i dont like the case lol .

Im considering some case options under 100$

Im looking at the following

1: Phanteks P400A with fancontroller non rgb and ordering another bionix fan to run the 3 arctic fans in front the the one 120mm included fan for the rear and not using the other stock fan or mounting it in the top

2. Lian Li lancool II Mesh and buying a extra fan for the rear , then 2 more fans for my air cooler that arent green and black , but Im not that huge of a RGB fanatic.

3. Lian Li Lancool 215 This would be a cheaper altenrative to above ,, but from what i can tell the 200mm fans could be limited as they have some overlapping on the metal going on the sides ,,, but still looks like it has potential.

4. Antec DF600 Flux Again RGb but has all the fans you could ask for already ,, 5 fans included however that front panel cover concerns me.

5. CoolerMaster H500 This seems like it will out perform the lancool 215 but the price isnt there yet but if it goes on sale its a possibility

getting opinions right now so to help me decide .

Last edited:
Solution
I have the Lian Li Lancool II mesh, you can turn off the RGB on the front fans with the top header. Airflow is great in it and it keeps my temps pretty low (component specs in my sig below - 10700k/2070 Super)

Solid construction with great cable management options.
I wanted that one so bad. But the case choices where I live is trash. Lian Li is always out of stock. The P400A's build quality did not appeal to me. So I had to go for a blocked off front instead, the 275R. Corsair has excellent service here

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
@Prad_Bitt I think agree with you with the first two , been weighing the options and Im being very picky,, now i can get the phanteks case for 65 shipped ,, where the lancool II mesh is over 100 shipped (us dollar) the meshify C is a nice case too but the front mesh design kinda bugs me ,,, but then again i wouldn't have to worry about denting it ,,, LOL Im still seeing if anyone else gives opinions appreciate your input @Prad_Bitt

@Prad_Bitt I think agree with you with the first two , been weighing the options and Im being very picky,, now i can get the phanteks case for 65 shipped ,, where the lancool II mesh is over 100 shipped (us dollar) the meshify C is a nice case too but the front mesh design kinda bugs me ,,, but then again i wouldn't have to worry about denting it ,,, LOL Im still seeing if anyone else gives opinions appreciate your input @Prad_Bitt
If you want RGB front fans, you probably won't like the Meshify since the mesh has plastic support on it to give it the look, it'll ruin the rgb fan look so if you want something subtle with excellent airflow, it's a good choice. Otherwise the P400a and corsair options are better looking. Also the Cooler Master TD500 Mesh is a decent option

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Im too old for RGB lol ,,, no my main focus is more on performance than the crazy lightshow coming from the thing ,,, I have a set of fans to go into the case i choose it just getting said case ,, i just want the build to be clean look good is all, even though im probably the only one whole ever pay attention to it lol

Solidjake

Notable
Sep 6, 2019
I have the Lian Li Lancool II mesh, you can turn off the RGB on the front fans with the top header. Airflow is great in it and it keeps my temps pretty low (component specs in my sig below - 10700k/2070 Super)

Reactions: Prad_Bitt

I wanted that one so bad. But the case choices where I live is trash. Lian Li is always out of stock. The P400A's build quality did not appeal to me. So I had to go for a blocked off front instead, the 275R. Corsair has excellent service here

Reactions: Solidjake
Solution

TRENDING THREADS