Trying to decide on a laptop

Bigtyme_07

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Hey guys, so I'm trying to figure out what laptop I want to get. I've been a big PC user for my whole life but have recently had a change of heart and I want to hear your opinion. I was a pretty big gamer through high school but have had less and less interest each passing year as I get older. The reason I stuck with PC all these years was for the gaming aspect of it which has undoubtedly been the best platform as far as I'm concerned. So without making this a story, here's where I'm at today. I want a new laptop and have been looking at the MacBook Air and Pro. I used to not like Apple at all until I switched to an Iphone instead of my usual Android phone upgrade at the end of my 2 year Verizon contract. I fell in love with my phone, the reliability, the smoothness of the OS, and the way the phone looks and feels blew me away. So now comes to upgrading/replacing my laptop and I'm seriously considering a Macbook expecting the same sort of experience that I had with my phone. The things I do the most now are just email, surfing the web, some light gaming every now and again, I want to start a business, and get into website design and programming eventually. The main pitfalls I saw with the Mac is not as much software is available for it as a PC and I don't know how big of a problem that is, I've heard that you're limited for programming on a mac, and I saw that it doesn't play well with others (PC) so that could be an issue if I start a business and a customer or client is using a PC and the files are incompatible, I'm not sure how true this is as the source where I read it was 4 years old. Let me know what you guys think or if you've switched to Mac from PC and how you liked it. Let me know!

Solution

Bigtyme_07

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

Yea they are very expensive, thanks for your input

shanebell

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015
Selecting the perfect laptop would be based on your needs. According to your post you state that your a gamer but not a heavy gamer as you used to be. If you want a laptop for everyday use such as emails, web browsing, word processing then either laptop will suit the purpose. The mac is an excellent choice (speaking from experience). It has a sleek design and everything flows exceptionally well. However, if gaming is important then i strongly suggest the PC. On mac you are still able to play some of the games and if thats not enough you can always install windows via bootcamp to run all PC games.

The PC works great and the best for gamers. Based on your above mention needs i strongly suggest a PC.

Bigtyme_07

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

Thanks for your input! What if I wasn't playing any games? Would you recommend the mac at that point?

shanebell

Reputable
Dec 20, 2015

@Bigtyme_07 Yes Definitely!! i was a PC user that switched to mac. I must proudly say i have no regrets.

Solution