Question Trying to decide which monitor to buy

Deividas_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
AOC G2460PF or AOC G2590FX.
The only differences I see are color contrast, built in speakers and portrait mode(being able to turn monitor vertically) which isnt necessary for me, as for speakers, i have my own thus I dont need built in speakers, yet is it worth to buy one over another just because of color contrast? Any suggestions?

the gsync compatible will work with nvidia and amd adaptive sync. i don't think all monitors that are freesync work with nvidia. these certified gsync compatible ones do for sure. if your gpu is GTX 1060 or RX 570 + then you won't have to worry too much about adaptive sync. 1080p low quality will hit > 144fps in nearly all competitive games.

Deividas_3

Reputable
Mar 15, 2016
the gsync compatible will work with nvidia and amd adaptive sync. i don't think all monitors that are freesync work with nvidia. these certified gsync compatible ones do for sure. if your gpu is GTX 1060 or RX 570 + then you won't have to worry too much about adaptive sync. 1080p low quality will hit > 144fps in nearly all competitive games.
Yes, I do have gtx 1060 6gb, but that doesn't answer my question. Which one out of two AOC G2460PF or AOC G2590FX and preferably why?

The difference in advertised contrast for those two screens is not really worth considering, as they both use TN panels, which tend to have contrast ratios of around 1000 to 1. "Dynamic" contrast ratios that are often advertised with values in the millions are complete marketing nonsense. If there happens to be any actual difference in contrast between those screens, you won't find it in the advertised numbers, and would have to check reviews for that information.

From the look of it, the G2590FX is a slightly larger screen at 24.5", and has thinner bezels surrounding it.

The G2460PF seems to offer a more adjustable stand though, with height, pivot, swivel and tilt adjustments, while the G2590FX only offers tilt, and the G2460PF also has a USB hub. There is apparently a "PX" version of the G2590 that also includes the better stand and the USB hub though, if those were things you were interested in.

I did find some thorough reviews for these two screens, but only quickly skimmed over them...

Note that the G2590 review is for the PX version, which has the better stand and USB hub, but it sounds like the FX version should otherwise be similar.