[SOLVED] Trying to determine why one motherboard is much more expensive than the other

Barak9006

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
First of all, I dont really know about motherboards much hence the question.

Both motherboards im talking about are:
ROG STRIX X670E-F GAMING WIFI MB AMD Ryzen 7 AM5 USB3.2 G2
and
ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI

My future CPU gonna be the Ryzen 7700x

The first motherboard is like 250 usd more than the other one. Im just trying to understand why it costs more and if there is merit to it.

thank you so much

Solution
So, its just premium stuff vs non. What usually ROG strix offers that TUF not, if you know?
There's no set feature list that ROG has that TUF doesn't. Again, non of it really affects performance if that's your concern. So unless you're an enthusiast who wants to tweak every last thing on your computer, ignore the ROG stuff.
Have you compared the features shown on the specification sheets for the 2 boards at the manufacturer's web site?

If the difference is 250 dollars, they must differ significantly. You'd have to decide which of the specified features are important to you.

It's entirely possible the extra features have no importance in your situation and considering your budget.

Barak9006

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
Have you compared the features shown on the specification sheets for the 2 boards at the manufacturer's web site?

If the difference is 250 dollars, they must differ significantly. You'd have to decide which of the specified features are important to you.

It's entirely possible the extra features have no importance in your situation and considering your budget.
As I said,
I dont really understand what is the difference. Could be cause my knowledge about motherboards is very limited. I only know the basic stuff like number of PCIs and DDR support and that is about it

ROG is the top tier enthusiast grade branding of ASUS. TUF is the more budget oriented lineup.

I'm sure there are more features or build differences to make a difference, but I don't feel like going through the product literature, and certainly none of them are going to affect the performance of the system, all other things equal and at default settings. I guess to put in another way, it'd be like buying a Dell G series laptop over a Alienware one. Or an HP Victus vs an HP Omen.

Barak9006

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2013
ROG is the top tier enthusiast grade branding of ASUS. TUF is the more budget oriented lineup.

I'm sure there are more features or build differences to make a difference, but I don't feel like going through the product literature, and certainly none of them are going to affect the performance of the system, all other things equal and at default settings. I guess to put in another way, it'd be like buying a Dell G series laptop over a Alienware one. Or an HP Victus vs an HP Omen.
So, its just premium stuff vs non. What usually ROG strix offers that TUF not, if you know?

TRENDING THREADS