Question Trying to diagnose a possible power issue

Dec 15, 2020
Hi everyone,
Am trying to diagnose a possible power issue. Present build although 12 yrs old works great most of the time until recently. Specs are as below:

Thermaltake V4 Black Edition powder case
Asus P8B75-V LGA1155/ Intel B75/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard
Intel i5 3750,
16Gig DDR3 1600 Ram,
1 TB Seagate 7200RPM HDD,
Asus ROG GTX 1650Ti dual fan graphics card

Originally came with 8Gig ram upgraded to 16gig, originally came with Nvdia GTX550Ti upgraded to Asus Rog GTX1650TI dual fan card Originally came with a Rosewill 750watt Gold Semi Modular PSU, upgrade or downgrade due to financial to a Corsair 950watt Bronze edition PSU and then this problem starts recently after the corsair 1 yr later.
Have bought an Apevia 1000 watt Prestige Semi Modular PSU from Amazon haven't hooked it up yet, still in box. Can return if its not a PSU issue.
Presently running my old OEM Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Had Windows 10 Pro upgrade then the problem started 2 weeks ago.

Computer is running right now hence am on this site. Cold starts computer will not P.O.S.T on start only fans will spin and the lights on the Aura card and the lights on the fan. Have to keep playing with the reset button 5-10 times even shut off and then on the computer to POST. Once it posts it fires up like normal.
Even went into UEFI Bios and put to default settings, same issue. Is this PSU related? HELP!!!!!!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2020
Thanks for the reply, changed PSU worked great for 1 day, back to square one. So its not a PSU issue, running Windows 10 with fast boot switched off didnt fix issue. Went back to legacy boot that didbt fix issue. The Asus graphics card is 2.5 yrs old the motherboard is 12 yrs ol;d so am now thinking motherboard is in last legs. Asus gave me 12 yrs of awesome service. I guess time so save up and build a newer better and maybe faster computer in 2021. Thanks guys.