Question Trying to diagnose random frame stutter/hiccup after upgrading motherboard ?

Twinkies49

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2014
So, I swapped motherboard out recently from an ASRock B450M/ac with an MPG MSI B550 Gaming Plus. Have all the same components, even the same case. I was expecting better performance, however, in this game - 'Hunt Showdown', it is actually running worse... which doesn't make any sense since all I did was replace the mobo.

I did also often get random BSODs with the B450 while idle at desktop, which is another reason I replaced the mobo. Now, I'm concerned about the PSU. I mean, I've replaced every part in my system except the PSU by now (and RAM, but that passes memtest86 so I doubt that's an issue).

I have not had a random BSOD yet since installing the new mobo, but I have noticed perhaps worse performance in some games I normally play... which is a shame. Because I made sure the card was in the PCIe Gen 4.0 slot, as well as the NVMe - the old board was only 3.0.

Anyway, here's a video of what the framedrops are like and I have an overlay showing GPU/CPU wattage: Hunt Showdown 2023 02 20 15 49 clip 1 - YouTube

Next, here is a link to all my specs: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X @ 4473.96 MHz - CPU-Z VALIDATOR (x86.fr)

The PSU I have is an EVGA 600W 80 Gold+

Feb 20, 2023
Have you made sure everything is properly inserted into the correct slots ? You must hear a "click" when installing any part or cable otherwise you can encounter problems later on. Parts need to be properly mounted to work without problems.