Question Trying to Enable XMP

Jun 9, 2019
I just upgraded my PC with a new Motherboard (ASRock B450m Pro4), RAM (2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MhZ), and CPU (Ryzen 5 2600x). I have confirmed I am on the latest BIOS version. I ran a test using CPU-z and it says my DRAM's frequency is running at 1064 mHz which I researched and that means 1064x2= 2128 mHZ. The RAM is advertised at 3000mHz so I just want to get the full potential. When I enable the XMP profile and boot my pc, all the fans and stuff come on and then shut off 2 times in a row and then the pc boots normally, but the frequency is still not at 3000mHz. How can I fix this?

Jun 9, 2019
When I enable the XMP profile there is a little drop down where I selected 3000mHz
Get your mobo manual or download it and look for dram frequency setting.

On my asus i have docp which is xmp
And yes a drop down box show speed and timings but down a little farther in bios there is dram frequency thats what you need to access.
Just got home and booted into bios and I see that the drop down I mentioned earlier is labeled DRAM Frequency. I had that set at 3000 and I tried going down to 2800 and it did the same thing while booting. Right after I hit F10 to save changes and exit my pc begins to reboot (fans run loudly) and then it shuts off and does the same thing 2 more times and finally it boots up with no error messages or anything.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
RAM often needs different voltages at different speeds, using the XMP or DOCP profile setting in the BIOS should automatically set the correct timings and voltages and you should not need to manually adjust the speed as well. Normally you just select a profile, sometimes there is only 1. Perhaps the drop down you changed is the wrong setting.