[SOLVED] Trying to figure out CPU cooler clearance for this case

Furzumz

Reputable
(I'm not sure if this belongs in 'cooling' section or the case section, my apologies if this is the wrong place)

I was going to eventually pick up a bigger case that I know for a fact can handle the size of this cooler (165mm)

But in the mean time, if possible I wanted to see if the cooler could fit in my current Antec 300 case. Problem is this case is from ye olden days of 2008 and no matter how hard I look I can't find CPU cooler clearance dimensions for this case. Not even Antec's website seems to list the case anymore for the 300 version. They have a listing for the newer versions but their 300 version is nowhere to be found

I know the cases overall dimensions are listed as:
18" (H) x 18.3" (D) x 8.1" (W)
45.8 (H) x 46.5 (D) x 20.5 cm (W)

The newer renditions of the case such as the antec 302 list their clearance but those cases are slightly bigger it seems

I did find this thread from 2010 saying a 159mm cooler could fit in there with some room to spare but I'm not sure how accurate it is

Anyone here by chance have a magic crystal ball they could consult to figure out the clearance? I'd use mine by my cat knocked it off my table few years back

Or is there a way to measure accurately somehow?

Solution
What are you looking to buy?
Do you want to use your current case?
If so, Use a ruler to measure how much room you have from the level of the motherboard to the side of the case.
at 8.1" you may / may not be ok.
My case is 8.27" wide and can support a 165mm cooler
I found a video of a NH-D14 (160mm) installed in the case which looks to barely fit.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc-QS9b03BY

If you have both, do a trial fit.
If you co not have the cooler, Look for a NH-D15s which costs about the same and is only 160mm tall.

If you are looking for a case, there are better cases our there.
If so, Use a ruler to measure how much room you have from the level of the motherboard to the side of the case.
I found a video of a NH-D14 (160mm) installed in the case which looks to barely fit.

If you co not have the cooler, Look for a NH-D15s which costs about the same and is only 160mm tall.

Reactions: Furzumz
Solution

Furzumz

Reputable

Oh this is perfect. I think I'll end up keeping my current case and go with the NH-D14 instead

Thank you very much for the help!