[SOLVED] Trying to figure out my Bottleneck while streaming...

Mar 26, 2019
So I am streaming my PS4 to twitch using an Elgato HD60 pro built in capture card.
When I stream my PC lags where I can't open up additional windows or other windows tasks take very long to happen. I have to have all the streaming things and programs opened before i press broadcast otherwise its 20 seconds of delay.
I am wondering if you guys think its my CPU or MOBO or possibly RAM that is holding me back as I am trying to decide whether to just build a whole new PC or just ugrade this or that.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. I've already upgraded my GPU as that was definitely an issue.

System:
CPU - Intel i7 2600K sandy bridge

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 LGA 1155 intel Z68

GPU - GTX 1070 Ti (upgraded at xmas from the GTX 570) haha made a big difference. but still lagging. thats why i'm confused. I stream using the NVENC codec as well not the x.264

RAM - Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz - 2x4GB = 8GB total. And i tried to upgrade the RAM to Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB kit 1866MHz DDR3 and when that wouldn't work the corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3
1600MHz but computer wouldn't start after replacing... I read possibly due to the voltage required by the MOBO and it being notorious for having issues anyways I had to go back to my old RAM...

Space - C drive 250GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, D: Drive is 2TB WD Caviar Black 7200 RPM 64MB cache.

PSU - Corsair CMPSU-750HX 750W RT

Solution
most streamers gravitate towards the R5-1600 or 2600 minimum and, better yet think 2700X or 9700K to start....

Certainly you are also RAM challenged, but, I'd be hesitant to invest more money into DDR3 when really you'd be wanting a new rig anyway quite soon....
most streamers gravitate towards the R5-1600 or 2600 minimum and, better yet think 2700X or 9700K to start....

Certainly you are also RAM challenged, but, I'd be hesitant to invest more money into DDR3 when really you'd be wanting a new rig anyway quite soon....

Solution
Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for replying mdd1963. I guess since don’t actually pc game and will just Ben using it to stream the ryzens are superior? Or so I’m reading. Was thinking of going with an r7.
Was just curious if I should add more ddr3 and it’s would solve the problem but my Mobo doesn’t allow ddr4...

g-unit1111

Titan
Thanks for replying mdd1963. I guess since don’t actually pc game and will just Ben using it to stream the ryzens are superior? Or so I’m reading. Was thinking of going with an r7.
Was just curious if I should add more ddr3 and it’s would solve the problem but my Mobo doesn’t allow ddr4...

Before you do that, you could invest in a new SSD and that would give your system a significant boost in load and read / write times. The 860 Evo would definitely be a huge improvement over your Vertex 3.