[SOLVED] Trying to find a 1440p monitor under 320

superman9826

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
I just recently built a system. I have been using my 1080p 144hz monitor for awhile but would like to purchase a 1440 144hz. Where I live there isn't a big box computer store apart from best buy, and they only have a single monitor that fits the criteria. I unfortunately don't have a way to test one before making a purchase..So I'm looking for suggestions on a new one.my budget is around 300.
The computer pushing it has a 9900k/ msi gaming z 2070 if that matters.

Thanks in advance

Solution
I have had decent luck getting 120-144hz consistently on most games on my 5700XT (similar performance figures to a 2070).

Anyways, another thing to consider is adaptive sync, in your case GSync. GSync comes at a very heavy price tag. Buying new would be difficult if you want GSync, but if you live without GSync I just bought an AOC 32 inch with these specs (Amazon). It is not a bad monitor. I know they usually use B-Panels, and I did have to return one for a dead pixel, but the second one I got is pretty good.

I am coming from an Acer monitor, and I am not disappointed. It is well in budget, and if you can stand the idea of returning one, and not having GSync, it is a great monitor.

P.S. I am also selling an Acer 2k 144hz 27"...

PerplexedMatt

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I have had decent luck getting 120-144hz consistently on most games on my 5700XT (similar performance figures to a 2070).

Anyways, another thing to consider is adaptive sync, in your case GSync. GSync comes at a very heavy price tag. Buying new would be difficult if you want GSync, but if you live without GSync I just bought an AOC 32 inch with these specs (Amazon). It is not a bad monitor. I know they usually use B-Panels, and I did have to return one for a dead pixel, but the second one I got is pretty good.

I am coming from an Acer monitor, and I am not disappointed. It is well in budget, and if you can stand the idea of returning one, and not having GSync, it is a great monitor.

P.S. I am also selling an Acer 2k 144hz 27" with GSync, but I don't want to plug my own product on this forum lol

Solution

superman9826

Honorable
Feb 17, 2014
Are you looking for the the larger real estate or sharper image?
I ask because a even 2080 Ti cant hit 144FPS in many games without reducing settings.

Anyways: this is the only one I could find. It is "renewed" so get the extended warranty if you are considering it.
https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Nitro-Widescreen-Monitor-Renewed/dp/B07RPZ8CPG/
I'm looking for more screen real estate as well as a sharper image. I'm not necessarily concerned about always getting 144hz. I'm so used to the 144hz that going back to 60hz actually hinders my playing