Question Trying to find out what is wrong with my build

ipatman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I recently built a new PC but for as long as it has been alive I keep getting a huge variety of issues. For the first 2 weeks I was getting BSODs and some application crashes (mostly games). The BSOD codes suggested either a corrupted windows files or bad memory, and some of them are: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, 0x0000021a and critical process died.

I also realised that my PC was not getting updates, and when I was trying to "check for updates" nothing was getting installed.
I tried manually installing the update with a microsoft tool, and when I restarted to apply the update I got a series of BSODs, until my windows rolled back automatically as a recovery method.

My troubleshooting:
I tried resetting windows, but nothing changed, I got BSODs again.
I tried doing a clean install through a usb, and this is where more problems popped up. Apart from the BSODs coming back, some application could not run because I was missing some Visual C++ files. After manually installing those, I still had issues with application crashes, so I decided to test my RAM.
I ran memtest86 twice (8 passes total) and everything was ok.
Then I tried to use PRIME95 to stress test the system. With XMP on, I got error within the first seconds of starting the test. With XMP off, It managed to go for about 40 mins before a worker found an error.
I ran sfc /scannow to check for corrupted windows files, I got this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth, I got this error: "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found ...".

I really don't know if I should try to recall my ram or do any other tests. Any ideas?

My specs are:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
MOBO: Asrock B450m Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)
GPU: Gigabyte gtx980 Windoforce
PSU: Corsair CX550M
SSDs: Samsung 860Evo 500GB and 870Evo 1TB

Lutfij

Titan
How old is the PSU in your build? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? Source of your OS installer? Using Samsung's Magician app/tool, did you check to see if they are pending any firmware updates?

ipatman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I dont see your RAM on the QVL, maybe it's causing an issue?
Well to be fair I could not find the versions the QVL suggested in my region, so I decided to go with the most popular one. I do not really know if that could cause such issues. Personally I never had issues with RAM thats not tested, but I guess it could be the cause of the issue.
Is there any way I can test that apart from buying new RAM?

ipatman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
How old is the PSU in your build? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you working with? BIOS version for your motherboard? Source of your OS installer? Using Samsung's Magician app/tool, did you check to see if they are pending any firmware updates?
The PSU is brand new, got it right when I built the PC 1.5 months ago.

OS version: 21H2, build: 19044.1348
Installer source is from microsoft's website, https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

BIOS version: B450M Steel Legend P3.60

I just updated the firmware for my SSDs, I booted again after restart and audio devices did not work. I tried restarting and I got a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD.