Trying to find the cause for this display issue.

frontflips

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
Hello, I recently moved into university halls and it looks like the wiring for this place is pretty disgusting. Turning off and on my room light will actually mess with my electricals - my keyboard LEDs will flash and the keyboard itself along with the mouse will disconnect for a time, sometimes my desk lamp will turn on and off again - the monitor will also flicker.
Long story short, I'm pretty sure the room has fried my two month old £1,000 PC.
Before I look to get it replaced or something, I'd love if anybody could identify what the issue is with the PC - it started just being my desktop that had flickering green pixels on it that would disappear when i click and dragged the mouse around, but now it has become more apparent on websites, youtube videos, even games as I've put a video below showing. I assume this is my graphics card, but googling the issue it looks like a lot of people have attributed it to different things - including, but not limited to, the HDMI cable not being positioned properly in both ends.
I really don't think that's what this is, but if anyone could confirm or deny what I assume is a dying graphics card problem that would be so great. Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3GsbUtWLIM&feature=youtu.be

frontflips

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016

Hi, the power supply is a Corsair 650W PSU.
I didn't get a UPS, although I think it's probably a good idea to future proof me from now on.
What else do you think it could be? Watching the video that final glitch where something physically extends out of the character model I felt pretty sure that it was definitely a graphics card problem.

frontflips

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
It's gotten worse since this morning, there are even more dots (that are now pink and in clusters) all over my screen. I need to figure out what's causing it before my display completely dies :-(

Test the card in another system, if issue follows the card, it's a bad card. Only way to really test it.

frontflips

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016

Sadly I don't have another system that I'm able to test it on. I'm almost 100% sure that this is a graphics card issue because Nvidia just gave me some kernel error message and crashed trying to run New Vegas. I also cannot render videos with CUDA cores. It's now just about figuring out whether the processor or other components might be damaged too.

frontflips

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
Hey guys, figured it out. Turned out to be the graphics card.
For anyone else having the same issue and doesn't have another PC to start mixing components around with, I would direct you to a diagnostics program that will run on your PC for 10-12 hours. That said, it took the program about thirty seconds to recognise that the card was bust.