Trying to Find Where Buy a Mouse Wheel 'Part'

boddole

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
I'm trying to find suppliers / distributors of actual 'mouse wheel parts' but so far I've had no luck. It seems that unlike other electrical components / switches / etc, finding these things is quite a bit more difficult. Any ideas on what terminology to use / where to look for these things would be greatly appreciated.

Back story:
Basically I dropped my mouse one too many times, and one of the clear plastic shafts (for the LED) inside the wheel (connecting to the rotary switch) broke...I tried repairing it (I won't bore you with the details), but in the end my hand done fix is having too many problems (I would try to 'machine' new shafts myself, but I don't have much equipment that isn't scissors and hammers...).

If anyone wonders why even go through the effort, essentially this is by far my favorite mouse ever, and unfortunately it was discontinued so I can't get another.

*Update:
Link to the new repair thread ( Repairs )

boddole

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012

The Cooler Master Storm Recon (or just the Recon):
http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/products/mice/recon/

boddole

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
Seems that way...I may end up making a 'repair' post that goes into detail about it and see if anyone has ideas / has tried to fix something like this before.

boddole

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2012
Thank you everyone for your opinions and ideas on the matter. I decided to make one more post about making the actual repairs ( Repair Thread ), if anyone cares. Thank you again for your ideas, I really appreciated it.