[SOLVED] Trying to free some space

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019
Trying to free some space and I do not know if I can delete this file or what files can I delete such as HP folder which also open apps on task manager which I do not want

Files
Hp files

Hiberfil.sys is over 6 gb.

Do you use hibernation? If not, disable it and save that space.

Have you walked through Windows Apps to see what all is installed that you don't need. HP may have installed all kinds of useless garbage you don't need.

How much space do you have devoted to System Restore.....if any?

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019

Have you walked through Windows Apps to see what all is installed that you don't need. HP may have installed all kinds of useless garbage you don't need.

How much space do you have devoted to System Restore.....if any?
dont have any tbh cuz it was taking too much space but did not remove any of the files to fully reset the pc, and thats the thing i dont know which of those useless apps can I delete

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019

Yeah thats what I am gonna do but also those HP apps take space in task manager and for some reason even tho deleted everything from MCAfee even used their app to delete all files it still shows up on task manager which I think is because of those HP apps because it was included on it

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019
Turn off System Restore if you don't use it.

Run Disk Cleanup

Type "apps" into a search box and post a picture of your installed applications.

Most garbage apps are small, so don't expect miracles.
When I run Disk Cleanup it only lets me choose C drive or D drive and then shows the useless files basically

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019
Turn off System Restore if you don't use it.

Run Disk Cleanup

Type "apps" into a search box and post a picture of your installed applications.

Most garbage apps are small, so don't expect miracles.
With the apps I meanly want to delete as they show up on the task manager and is annoying have to delete them every time I turn on the pc from there, which are like 6 HP apps and 1 MCafee app which I already totally deleted but still showing up in there

With the apps I meanly want to delete as they show up on the task manager and is annoying have to delete them every time I turn on the pc from there, which are like 6 HP apps and 1 MCafee app which I already totally deleted but still showing up in there

You may be loading a bunch of unneeded crap every time you start up when you don't have to.

Look at the startup tab in Task Manager.

How many things are listed?

5?

25?

Windows will start with all of that stuff disabled.

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019
You may be loading a bunch of unneeded crap every time you start up when you don't have to.

5?

25?

I have many in there but I disabled all the ones which I do not want to be up when I turn on the pc but even tho the hp ones are disabled they still show up on the task manager

Jorge Vaz

Prominent
Dec 31, 2019

5?

25?

The only ones which are enabled are : Avast, Gystation (screenshots), Java, Logitech download assistant, Realtek HD audio universal, Scptool (ds3 app for controllers), steelseries GG (headphones app) , vanguard from valorant and ''windows security notification and thats the only ones which are enabled