Question Trying to get my New MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4 to work with my new i5-12400 CPU ?

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I've been at this for 2 days now and although I am still playing in rock bands at 61, I don't have much hair left to pullout!
I've been trying to get win 10 and or 11 to install using media creation tools and every trick in the book I can think of to get it to take with no avil as of yet!
I know the components will work better with win 11 but it won't see any of my HD's or SSd's or my nvme M.2 which worked just fine before this roadblock.
I've been upgrading PCs since I learned we could now for at least 15 years and have never had this problem before.
That's basically it as research has proven I'm not the only who has run into this problem.
I hear it's going to be nice when I get things going but as of yet have become very familiar with th BIOS and nothing else.
When I finally get a windows screen, it tells me it "..."can't read the product key setting from the unattended answer file...".

What the hell does that mean?

I know many of you have gone through this and would appreciate any direction which made your installation successful.

I know the components and features work better with win 11 but I can't get either of them to install.
I'm using a lifeline and calling on all my tech geek pals to help me out here beore god takes me up on my offer!
Thanks to anyone and everyone for any help!

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
From the Microsoft site. I'm pretty smart but there is something easy I'm missing or it's too vague idk. I always compensate for user error but this is silly, really...,
I just got home and this is all I will do for the rest of the night I'm sure; but, I know it works so I'll get it...

I also see third party websites that I'm inclined to use except sometimes shaking the bad one's is harder than what I am doing...but I take recommendations!!