Trying to get my PC to display on TV

zabathan

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
I'm sorry, I've seen similar issues on the forums but not my exact issue and nothing has helped. I have an old computer that I'm trying to connect to my TV via a DVI to component cable. The audio is connected via a 3.5mm to RCA cable. I can not get either the picture or the sound to work on the TV. Both work with a regular computer monitor connected with DVI and computer speakers. The TV recognizes that something is plugged into the component jacks, but just shows "no signal", and the computer does not show the TV as a display. I've tried it with my really old second computer running Windows 7 with a GeForce 7950 GT on a Samsung 1080p LCD. When that didn't work I tried my primary computer running Windows 8.1 with a GeForce GTX 260 on the same TV. That still didn't work so I tried that computer on a different TV that used to be hooked up to a commuter via HDMI, but with component it's still not working. At this point I have to assume it's a computer setting on both machines that I just can't find, but I'm open to any possibility you all can think of. Thanks so much!