Question Trying to get RGB Fusion to work with my RTX 3080 Aorus Master

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2020
@Tomedn Hey man I figured it out. First uninstall RGB Fusion and aorus engine. Reboot PC, then what you need to do is uninstall nvidia drivers. Just go to device manager>display>and uninstall your rtx 3080 by right clicking and uninstalling. Then what you wanna do is only install aorus engine, launch and click LED at the bottom right. It will then install RGB FUSION for you. Once complete it should recognise your GPU and you can update drivers.

Apr 25, 2021
Did you ever find a solution for this as i'm encountering the same problem. But when i back date the drivers geforce overlay doesn't function properly, but as soon as i update it my 3808 vanishes again

Jun 7, 2021
i faced the same problem with my b550 aorus elite + rtx 3070 aorus master v1.1

Ive found out why reinstalling nvidia driver and fusion doesnt work, in my case.

So, just follow what the above had mentioned, before restart, uninstall nvidia driver (just the driver will do) and uninstall rgb fusion (i did uninstall aorus engine as well).
Then, SHUT DOWN ur pc instead of restart, switch off the plug to cut the power off completely. Turn ON ur pc after around 10 second of power off rest.
If ure using a aorus gpu with led display, u should now see the led display is resetted and showing the chibi. (from what ive found, ur gpu is reset only if chibi shows up during restart and this was only successfully reset when i shut down and power off my pc instead of RESTARTING)

Finally, u can now install ur rgb fusion 1ST (in my case i installed aorus engine 1st but i install my rgb fusion from aorus app centre),
congratz u will see ur gpu get detected in the rgb fusion, only then install ur nvidia driver from the existing nvidia geforce experience software.

Oct 1, 2021
i have tried this multiple times it does work half of the time also disabling your card and just shutting down fully and restarting and timing to close nvidia drivers and enable the gpu again while opening RGB fusion can work too also having armoury crate aura sync hal drivers can help out u should set your RGB and colors they you want it and just leave it alone until they can find a fix which is doubtful

problems consisted after a nvidia update awhile back just after the card the came out itself it seems to be just the actual nvidia drivers themselves cuasing the problems with RGBfusion cuz ive noticed after the updates the layout of there app broke even more. some stuff in the software now just dont exist

also like to mention but after you close RGBfusion its gone and you have to do this all over again just to change a setting each time my advise if your getting this card get it with a AORUS MOBO since my AORUS mobo worked fine in the beginning long story short that board died and im now on ASUS rog

AORUS RTX 3080 rev 1.0 XTreme 10G
z390 Rog Maximus XI HERO WIFI

Reactions: ISmokeyTheBear

Slipsheet

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2013
I am having the same issue with no resolution. I do have an Aorus Mobo and Fusion only shows the Mobo. Aorus Engine however does show my GPU model number and I can adjust settings on the card itself, but nothing else. I click on the LED symbol and go to RGB Fusion, but as I said, only the MOBO shows.

Aorus RTX 3080TI Master
Aorus Z590 Ultra

Slipsheet

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2013
Update: I happened to look up Nvidia drivers to see if I had the latest and I did not. Updated to latest driver (30.0.15.1179) , reinstalled Aorus Engine and RGB Fusion 2.0 and it now works and I can set the LCD display on the GPU. Followed all the steps above with the exception of uninstalling the driver, as I did not have that option available. I hope this helps another poor soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.