[SOLVED] Trying to help a family member fix her pre-built.

twiglet015

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
It seems to me like it's just bitten the dust but neither of us have anything better to do so I'm trying to help her fix her Asus pre-built over video call (yey).

The monitor just stopped displaying one day when she booted up (it just stays on standby). She's tried another monitor with another cable and nothing. It only has onboard graphics so I ordered her a GT710 from Amazon so she can send it back if it didn't work. Still nothing. I posted in motherboard because I guess that's where the problem lies.

Thanks in advance for any tips but I guess it's just dead.

The model is an Asus M11BB running Windows 10. Can't tell if it posts but it doesn't beep. She swears it never has done though.

Last edited:
Solution
Does the following link match the Asus?

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/M11BB/

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust, debris, etc. then reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.. Ensure that all are securely in place. Check that there are no twisted, kinked, or pinched cables.

Try new CMOS battery.

Look at the PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post, as best you can, with her Asus computer's hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Any beep codes or troubleshooting LEDs?

If both monitors are known working (via another computer) then a simply "dead" computer could be the PSU.

twiglet015

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
Update your post, as best you can, with her Asus computer's hardware specs and OS.

Include PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition.

Any beep codes or troubleshooting LEDs?

If both monitors are known working (via another computer) then a simply "dead" computer could be the PSU.

Thanks for the reply. I've updated the post.

twiglet015

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
Does the following link match the Asus?

https://www.asus.com/us/Tower-PCs/M11BB/

Power down, unplug, open the case.

Clean out dust, debris, etc. then reseat all cards, cables, RAM, jumpers, etc.. Ensure that all are securely in place. Check that there are no twisted, kinked, or pinched cables.

Try new CMOS battery.

Look at the PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Thanks for the suggestions. I tried everything already minus the new battery so I'll get her to try that and update you after.
Power supply looks fine she says. The only branding on it is Asus. It's not old, only a few years but not exactly sure.