Question Trying to install new Corsair SP120 RGB PRO PC FANS

kwikvinny

Commendable
Nov 13, 2017
I'm trying to replace my existing Asus pc fans with new Corsair SP120 RGB PRO fans. I got them installed and running but my issue is the lighting and particularly having a issue with the lighting node core. My only issue is finding a spot to plug in the USB 9 pin connector from the lighting node core to the motherboard. I can only locate one spot that has this type of connection on my motherboard and it's being used by my liquid coller on my processor. I have a Asus mark II tuff x299 motherboard. Is there something I can use to spice the connection or adapt it to a regular usb connection? Ant suggestions are appreciated.

kwikvinny

Commendable
Nov 13, 2017
Yea thats exactly what i need. Thank you for that. One other quick question. Is it normal for a PC to have only one of those on the motherboard? Especially Considering i bought a pretty decent Asus motherboard and i figured if this usb connection is a commonly needed connection then why would i only have one? I currently have my liquid cooler connected from the radiator and corsair emblem over my processor to the only usb connection on my motherboard. is it odd to only have 1?

Thanks for your time and expertise

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS