[SOLVED] Trying to install samsung m.2

Jan 19, 2021
Hey, I am trying to install my Samsung M.2 nvme. I was wondering about the stand offs. How do I install these? Do i just screw it onto the screw for the m.2 then install it onto the mobo?

Solution
"Package contents" section in manual for this board said that two M.2 screw packages are included with motherboard. So screws and spacers probably should present in motherboard's box. Though I definitely believe that spacers may not present as well. My MSI MPG B550 gaming Edge WIFI board had both M.2 spacers, but only one M2 screw together with single SDD M.2 drive cooler plate. Second screw was absent and because I use both M.2 slots in my computer, had to borrow missing M2 screw from my nephew's motherboard box (he use only one M.2 drive). So get M.2 spacer from local dealer, Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress etc.

By the way M.2 drive spacer designers are little trolls. You can't use regular 5 mm spacer with M2 size thread from some...
Jan 19, 2021
My mobo is a asus rog strix b450-f gaming. if this helps, i dunno much about it. all i know is i need to install the stand offs which i have ordered

Jan 19, 2021
There is a single spacer on the motherboard, and then a hold down screw, for an M.2 drive.

There is no screw or stand off. I am just trying to figure out about the stand off :') does it just screw into the motherboard? and then i use a spacer between the screw and m.2 nvme (ssd) right?

Jan 19, 2021
13-119-140-V07.jpg

See where the spot is on this mobo? mine doesn't have the spacers or screw.

"Package contents" section in manual for this board said that two M.2 screw packages are included with motherboard. So screws and spacers probably should present in motherboard's box. Though I definitely believe that spacers may not present as well. My MSI MPG B550 gaming Edge WIFI board had both M.2 spacers, but only one M2 screw together with single SDD M.2 drive cooler plate. Second screw was absent and because I use both M.2 slots in my computer, had to borrow missing M2 screw from my nephew's motherboard box (he use only one M.2 drive). So get M.2 spacer from local dealer, Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress etc.

By the way M.2 drive spacer designers are little trolls. You can't use regular 5 mm spacer with M2 size thread from some building materials or automotive store here. Because M.2 drive spacer screw thread is M3, but disk screw hole is M2.

Solution
Jan 19, 2021

By the way M.2 drive spacer designers are little trolls. You can't use regular 5 mm spacer with M2 size thread from some building materials or automotive store here. Because M.2 drive spacer screw thread is M3, but disk screw hole is M2.

Ah, i didn't get anything. I have ordered some though and they should come soon. I will post the link here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07Q3DLCJ4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TRENDING THREADS