Trying to install Tascam US-122 on Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

emkw78

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I have a Tascam US-122 and have just bought a new PC using Windows 10. When I try to install the driver for the Tascam US-122 it says "Can't install on this version of Windows".

I found a useful thread on this forum with instructions on how to install the driver onto Windows 8 (using Program Compatibility Troubleshooter), but unfortunately when I followed the instructions, it didn't work for Windows 10. Please can anyone help?

Solution
I've worked out the solution:

Download the driver for XP & Vista from Tascam -> right click on Driver application file -> choose Troubleshoot compatibility -> choose Troubleshoot programs -> choose first option "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now." -> click on Windows Vista option -> test program. It worked.

I found that at the point where I had to choose the previous version of Windows, I tried every one until one worked. In other posts I've read, different computers worked with different options ticked. Mine only worked with Vista.

emkw78

Reputable
Oct 29, 2015
I've worked out the solution:

Download the driver for XP & Vista from Tascam -> right click on Driver application file -> choose Troubleshoot compatibility -> choose Troubleshoot programs -> choose first option "The program worked in earlier versions of Windows but won't install or run now." -> click on Windows Vista option -> test program. It worked.

I found that at the point where I had to choose the previous version of Windows, I tried every one until one worked. In other posts I've read, different computers worked with different options ticked. Mine only worked with Vista.

Solution

Lenny_Pike

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015

Thank you for this info. I also was trying to get my Tascam 122 to work on Windows 10. I did exactly as you said... and it worked the first time. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.