Question Trying to install ubuntu, Get stuck on GNU GRUB screen

Dec 21, 2021
So, I have been dipping into making servers and I wanted to use ubuntu to help me with that. So I made the bootable usb and chose it in my boot menu, and get a GNU GRUB screen. How can I boot into the ubuntu setup instead? Please help!

Edit: Have tried multiple times, but to no avail. Also, (don't judge me) I am using an hp computer with uefi (not omen) to do this. Ask any other questions if you want

Edit2: I tried using a different program instead of Rufus (usbimager) and now its stuck on the bios splash screen. Should I try using another Linux option?

Edit3 (last edit): I ended up using a whole different computer and it works! My guess is that the hp doesn't have a driver that is required for the setup. I was going to case swap it and give it a mobo, But now I have an even better reason. Thanks for everyones help!

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2021
May be it'd be easier to start playing Linuxes in a VM - VirtualBox, Hyper-V, VmWare etc.

When you boot off USB - plug the stick into USB 2 port, preferably on the back of the PC
Ubuntu has worked multiple times in virtual box. What I mean by another Linux option is another boot option, like safe graphics or something (Not that one specifically though).
I also attempted to plug it in on the back, which also did nothing. Any other reccomendations?