Question Trying to install Windows 10 and getting the error code 0x80072f8f 0x20000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2022
So I currently have Windows 7 Home Edition and I'm trying to install Windows 10. Today I removed a bad secondary hard drive and put a new one in its place. That hard drive isn't recognized in My Computer probably because it is not compatible with Windows 7, but CrystalDiskinfo recognizes it. So I went to the windows download website for Create Windows installation media and tried to run that download and this error popped up. I tried this step and it doesn't work:

1. Go to C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download and delete all files in that folder.
  2. Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
  3. Go to Command Prompt as admin
  4. Type this command "wuauclt.exe /updatenow"
  5. Press Enter
What other options do I have?

Apr 25, 2022
Create a bootable usb and install windows clean. Format and install. Do. Not have more than one drive connected when you do this.

Don't you need another device that has Windows 7 or above to do that? Because I don't have another system. I looked at some Youtube videos with my same error and basically that is what is needed another system that has Windows...

error code =
running from a 32bit subsystem? some calls are no longer supported starting some time this year.

best to make a clean install image
You'll see that error most often when the system clock is not set to the correct time/date, though there are a couple of far less common causes. Best to start with the clock by making sure that it's set to obtain time automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.