[SOLVED] Trying to install windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron

May 26, 2021
I just finished creating a windows installation thing on a usb flash drive with windows media creation tool and now when I boot from the usb a blue screen appears then the laptop turns off. What am I getting wrong here?

Solution
I hope you realize that the laptop is fine and I am writing these questions from this same laptop. It is just that when I boot from usb it shows a blue screen then turns off. So I don't know what is going on btw I ran the tests in bios and it said everything is working fine. It wanted me to run additional tests that would have taken 6 hours and I said no and that was that.
Does this usb stick boot on another machine?
If the laptop runs fine but it is just slow consider working on the area that is making it slow.
Run this and post a link the the results.
PC Benchmark
May 26, 2021
I have the inspiron 3593 i7 model. So it has 8gb ram and i7 processor(not sure how many ghz though). But I don't have ssd had drive which might be the reason behind the slow performance. It is the slow hard drive type.. I think it is 5400 rpm or something like that. So yeah.

But I still wana install a fresh windows 10 version to see if it speeds up things.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
That machine should take Windows 10.

Can you boot to BIOS and run the built in system check that Dell has?

Can you hear the cooling fan running?
You mention it working and this is a "try and see" option to run better?
What OS is on the machine now and what is it currently doing?

May 26, 2021
I can hear the fan running yes and I could probably go into bios but what check and what would it do?

I am currently running a windows 10 home on this system and it crashes constantly and is extremely slow without doing anything really intense like game I am just watching youtube videos.

So yeah I wana install a fresh version of windows 10 without mcafee and all dell bloatware to see if it speeds up things.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I am leaning towards an issue with the drive, but have nothing aside from your notes to presume from.

BIOS will show temps. BIOS for Dell typically has a good system check tool. You could 'try' support assistant, but I typically uninstall it after running it one time if I hear of Dell specific updates.

Have you checked Event Viewer and/or Reliability History?

May 26, 2021
I hope you realize that the laptop is fine and I am writing these questions from this same laptop. It is just that when I boot from usb it shows a blue screen then turns off. So I don't know what is going on btw I ran the tests in bios and it said everything is working fine. It wanted me to run additional tests that would have taken 6 hours and I said no and that was that.

Does this usb stick boot on another machine?
If the laptop runs fine but it is just slow consider working on the area that is making it slow.
Run this and post a link the the results.
PC Benchmark

Solution