[SOLVED] Trying to install Windows 10 on new PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
CT10002SSD8 is a Crucial NVME
ELECOM MF-HJU2-PMAP is a USB drive

1st choice is UEFI on the USB drive... it recognises it as a UEFI device, so what happens after that screen? it just stays there?
enter setup, go to boot screen, choose boot override, pick USB... still nothing?

try updating BIOS on motherboard

How old is ISO?

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
CT10002SSD8 is a Crucial NVME
ELECOM MF-HJU2-PMAP is a USB drive

1st choice is UEFI on the USB drive... it recognises it as a UEFI device, so what happens after that screen? it just stays there?
enter setup, go to boot screen, choose boot override, pick USB... still nothing?

try updating BIOS on motherboard

How old is ISO?
When I click the ELECOM USB, the mag screen disappears and an underscore appear for like 0.5 seconds at the top left. After that the mag screen will reappear. Where is the boot screen in the bios? I’m using MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
its on the settings tab in Advanced view, I can't tell if you do have Boot over ride, its just a feature of most MSI motherboards but your manual doesn't go into any detail as to whats on the Boot Submenu
page 55 of manual - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C80v1.1.pdf

tried hitting enter when its got the flickering cursor?

Did you make installer recently?
What is an installer? If it’s the usb with the windows iso file, I downloaded the iso file in December. I’ll download it right now maybe that’s the problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
What is an installer? If it’s the usb with the windows iso file, I downloaded the iso file in December. I’ll download it right now maybe that’s the problem.
yeah, installer = iso. If you got it in December it is newest version still. Just checking

could try making another installer on another USB, see if its the drive at fault.

Updated bios on motherboard?

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
its on the settings tab in Advanced view, I can't tell if you do have Boot over ride, its just a feature of most MSI motherboards but your manual doesn't go into any detail as to whats on the Boot Submenu
page 55 of manual - https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7C80v1.1.pdf

tried hitting enter when its got the flickering cursor?

Did you make installer recently?
yeah, installer = iso. If you got it in December it is newest version still. Just checking

Updated bios on motherboard?
How do I know if it’s updated?

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
that looks like latest version on website.

Okay, try making another ISO on another USB, it might be the cause.
I have two USBs and I already tried it like >10 times. I’m currently downloading the iso file(5 mins left). I bought another USB in case that it was both of the USB’s problem.

Undeafen

Reputable
Jun 1, 2019
that looks like latest version on website.

Okay, try making another ISO on another USB, it might be the cause.
I’m using an old mac to make a usb with windows in it. I’m changing the usb to exfat and putting all the contents in the iso file in it. Is there anything wrong with this?

I have two USBs and I already tried it like >10 times. I’m currently downloading the iso file(5 mins left). I bought another USB in case that it was both of the USB’s problem.
What method did you use to create windows installer?

Did you just copy iso file to USB flash drive? That's not, how to do it.
Use rufus software to make bootable installation media using iso file.