[SOLVED] Trying to locate a problem,need advice.

Jan 24, 2021
So, my pc basically wont turn on.
Specs:

ryzen 1500

Gtx 1070

16gb ram 3200hz

Evga 500w

Msi b350m gaming pro mobo

Okay, story time;
I noticed i had only 8gb out of 16 useable ram (in pc properties) so i reseated both, fiddled in bios and then everything seemed fine (16gb useable). Then after a month i notice again only half ram useable, so i repeated the process, only this time the computer didn't turn on anymore. I checked all cables replugged everything, but nothing worked so i assumed the psu was dead - next morning tho - the computer was plugged in overnight - it turned on normally again... Wtf, okay... I keep on using the pc for about two weeks - restarting it once normally . Then today i try to restart again but again it wont turn on. When the pc is first drained then plugged back in and started the fans spin for a second, mobo lights come on for a split second and then turn off again and nothing happens. I paperclip checked the psu and it seemed to work cause the fans start spinning and give off that pleasant computer startup sound. I replaced the battery on the mobo, tried only one of two ram sticks one at a time, still no success. Jumpstarting the mobo does the same as switching it on normally - few fans spins and few lights then nothing...
I assume the motherboard started dying but i wanted to know if you guys have any tips or ideas of what else i might try to fix or better determine the issue. I will try leaving the pc for a few hours and then switching it on again - like last time- maybe it will turn on again, but that is not a long term solution.
Thanks for reading and appreciate any reply.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021
Also, the time the pc did turn on everything worked seemingly perfect, so is this a good indication that the psu is dying (since the paperclip test isnt that reliable) or can a bad mobo work sometimes for a while and then just not boot the other?