Question Trying to make a new build cant install cpu header

Tydeocean

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
I have a LS520 and I'm trying to install the cpu header into my asus z690 but it won't go in for the life of me. Is it not right above the cpu. On mobile so uploading p8cs is difficult.

Tydeocean

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
Are you talking the fan header? Also check the motherboard manual it may have one for pump/AIO. Model of motherboard may also help since without it we can't give you specifics.
From the research I have done the cpu fan should go above a heat sink. The cpu header fits but what's the point without the fans pushing are out. Like I said it's a deep cooler ls520 going into a asus z690 prime. I can't find anywhere else to put it. Manual, online all say the same but not for this mobos set up with the ls520. Pcpart picker said that it's compatible. I'm trying to get pics but websites are not very mobile friendly

You have an AIO cooler that means there's a CPU block and there will be tubes going out of that to a radiator. You install the CPU block on the CPU socket, mount the fans on the radiator and then mount the radiator in your case. It sounds like you don't understand at all what you're looking at and I'm fairly confident there's a manual for the cooler as well that you should be reading.

Reactions: Why_Me

TRENDING THREADS