Trying to OC R7 1700 i need help.

Matt_matrix

Reputable
Nov 5, 2015
Im trying to OC my CPU. After many attempts im going to go ahead and admit that Either have no idea what im doing or that OCCT isnt a good stress test for Ryzen. i dont know what im doing.

I've been Using OCCT to stress For example. I can get any oc Stable in that for the life of me; And when i do the same clock will crash in another stress test like ASUS Real benches Stress test. But i can for cine bench runs, and Prime 95... But in OCCT typically my system just Stops responding and seizes up on me. No Blue screens, no Black screens, No DR Debug Error codes. Just all my monitors Stoping on one image at the same time and no indication of activity from my builds HDD activity light.

Is my problem just specifically with OCCT? Is it not fit for Ryzen? Or is my OC just unstable? Or could this be some sort of driver issue, as ive notices my system does lag and hang under a high load.

If my problem lies with OCCT Can anyone recommend any particular Stress testing programs and or guides for over clocking ryzen.

Solution
Usually, and I am sure that you did this. You test one component over clock at a time. That is, testing RAM, CPU and GPU over clocking separate.
But the rule is to find what looks almost stable and check temps, and then turn it down a notch 0.1GHz or 0.2GHz and call it good. But, I like my systems 24H/7Day stable and cool(ish).

I just built a Ryzen 7 1700 system, but it's a small case and air cooled, so I have just undervolted it and only OCed to 3.5GHz.

MCMunroe

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2006
Usually, and I am sure that you did this. You test one component over clock at a time. That is, testing RAM, CPU and GPU over clocking separate.
But the rule is to find what looks almost stable and check temps, and then turn it down a notch 0.1GHz or 0.2GHz and call it good. But, I like my systems 24H/7Day stable and cool(ish).

I just built a Ryzen 7 1700 system, but it's a small case and air cooled, so I have just undervolted it and only OCed to 3.5GHz.

Solution