Feb 21, 2021
Hi,

I have some problems with overclocking my RAM.
i tried XMP profile 1 or 2 that didn't do nothing, i tried manually overclocking that didn't helpt.
i dont know what the problem is, im also a newby with overclocking.

My system:
MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
G.SKILL TRIDENTZ NEO 2X8GB DDR4 3600MHZ F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC
CORSAIR HYDRO H100I RGB PLATINUM
MSI GEFORCE RTX 2060 SUPER
CRUCIAL P1 500GB M.2 SSD

Solution
And the G.Skill kit that i own now is listed in the motherboard compability list and the CPU compabilitiy list...
Not all motherboards and CPUs are natively capable of reaching DDR4-3600.
I do not see that G. Skill kit model (F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC) listed or tested with your motherboard and CPU combination.

There are similar G. Skill kits listed, but not all RAM modules are built the same.
All the G. Skill kits tested and listed running at 3600MHz have Samsung DRAM and your model has Hynix DRAM.

I see G. Skill have your motherboard listed with 3000 series CPU but they do not specified which CPU.

You could try, manually increasing CPU SoC Voltage, which might be necessary to give the CPU memory controller the power it needs to...
Feb 21, 2021
My RAM is currently running at 2133MHz.
I have put manually DDR-4 3600MHz (NO XMP)
DRAM VOLTAGE up to 1.35v
And my timings are CL16-19-19-39

When i press F10 and YES for save changes and boot up.

When it is restarting it shuts down 1time and restarts back and rapedly shuts down 1 more time and then i get "overclocking fail"

A few things you can try Masalcii67 (one at a time)

Ensure your DIMMs are inserted into the correct slots for dual rank operation.
Update your Bios to latest version.
Increase DRAM voltage to see if it works. You should be OK up to 1.4V
Change the command rate from 1 to 2
Loosen Timings to CL17-20-20-40

With OC RAM there are no guarantees you will reach their rated frequency as it is the IMC that determines what frequency you will achieve. Your RYZEN 9 3900X officially supports up to 3200MHz.

Try using Thaiphoon and dram calculator for possible results.
Check your RAM kit is listed on the MB QVL and if not then return what you have. Choose a G.Skill kit that are listed on the QVL that have been tested and known to work.

Feb 21, 2021
My RAM is optimized for dimm slots A2 and B2.

My bios is also up-to-date.

And the G.Skill kit that i own now is listed in the motherboard compability list and the CPU compabilitiy list...

Not all motherboards and CPUs are natively capable of reaching DDR4-3600.
I do not see that G. Skill kit model (F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC) listed or tested with your motherboard and CPU combination.

There are similar G. Skill kits listed, but not all RAM modules are built the same.
All the G. Skill kits tested and listed running at 3600MHz have Samsung DRAM and your model has Hynix DRAM.

I see G. Skill have your motherboard listed with 3000 series CPU but they do not specified which CPU.

You could try, manually increasing CPU SoC Voltage, which might be necessary to give the CPU memory controller the power it needs to stabilize the memory at that speed.

Solution