[SOLVED] Trying to overclock my Ryzen 2700 with Ryzen Master

Aug 14, 2019
I didn't see the separate OC Forum before I posted this. Sorry. How do I move it or Delete this one?

Why does Ryzen Master show EDC at 100% in red? Should I even bother going to 4.1? When I captured the screen it shows 99%, but I see a constant 100%

ASUS ROG Strix B450-f Gaming
Radeon 7 2700 running stock
16GB Ballistix Tactical Tracer (2x8) 2666 mhz
MSI RX 480 4gb Gaming
Coolermaster 240mm watercooler
Windows 10 on 120GB PNY 2.5 SSD
Games on 1 TB Mushkin 2.5 SSD
Thermaltake TR2 600W Bronze

uWNVW2e.png

Last edited:
Solution
I didn't see the separate OC Forum before I posted this. Sorry. How do I move it or Delete this one?

Why does Ryzen Master show EDC at 100% in red? Should I even bother going to 4.1? When I captured the screen it shows 99%, but I see a constant 100%

MSI RX 480 4gb Gaming

uWNVW2e.png

EDC is the 'peak' current limit for the CPU operating under full-stock limitations. When you manually overclock you're telling the CPU to ignore it's designed-in limits, and EDC is...

MSI RX 480 4gb Gaming

uWNVW2e.png

EDC is the 'peak' current limit for the CPU operating under full-stock limitations. When you manually overclock you're telling the CPU to ignore it's designed-in limits, and EDC is one. When you put the overclocked CPU under an extreme load, as in a stress test, you'll probably find it exceeds TDC (the continuous current limits) and PPT, the package power limits. It doesn't mean it will fail any time soon, just that you're exceeding limits AMD established for the stock processor. So long as you're not pumping insane amount of voltage into it, and temperature is OK, you'll probably be fine. But if you're uncomfortable operating close to, and even exceeding, those limits you should re-examine your tolerance for overclocking.

By the way, if you 'overclock' using PBO you can RAISE the stock limits to higher values and let the boosting algorithm boost higher and longer as a result.

Last edited:
Solution