Trying to perform a clean install- Computer turns on but nothing on the screen

Miffins123

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013
I bought a new computer that was built by a trusted company. I did not build this myself. It doesn't have windows on it. When I plug it into a monitor (with the windows 7 disk in) nothing comes up on the screen, not even the boot menu.

Solution
Double check your monitor connections and make sure you have the monitor set to the correct input selection. Most monitors with multiple input connections will have a button to select the correct input and if the monitor is set to lets say VGA and you have the connection on DVI it will not show a single because there is nothing coming on the VGA connection. Other than that try it on a different monitor and see if it works on that.

One more thing is the PC turning on? The power light comes on fans spin and such? The reason I ask is because there may be a on off switch on the back of the Power Supply that might need to be turned on also. It would be a rocker switch one way on the other off.
Double check your monitor connections and make sure you have the monitor set to the correct input selection. Most monitors with multiple input connections will have a button to select the correct input and if the monitor is set to lets say VGA and you have the connection on DVI it will not show a single because there is nothing coming on the VGA connection. Other than that try it on a different monitor and see if it works on that.

One more thing is the PC turning on? The power light comes on fans spin and such? The reason I ask is because there may be a on off switch on the back of the Power Supply that might need to be turned on also. It would be a rocker switch one way on the other off.

Solution