Jan 2, 2021
After many hours of research (couple months) , I have concluded to IPS monitors because I want to see what the hype is about and I already have a c32hg70 which is a VA panel with HDR 600 and I want to see the viewing angles.

(Prices and Monitors)
I've picked out the Dell S2721QS (https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/del...1qs/apd/210-axlg/monitors-monitor-accessories) and the Lenovo Thinkvision P27u-10 (https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/access...16270UP0-27-inch-Monitor-HDMI-CD/p/61CBGAR1US, $425 on Newegg sold by Lenovo) which are both 4K IPS monitors. I was originally looking for 32" 4K VA monitors but then I decided to lower the screen size for something better quality and IPS for a try.

(Features)
The Dell S2721QS supports PIP, PBP, Freesync, "HDR", SRGB color gamut, slightly higher brightness, and ~20% higher contrast. HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2
The Lenovo P27u-10 supports Adobe RGB, SRGB, DCI-P3, Rec. 707, calibrated and has the same panel as Benq PD2720U which is closer to 3X the price. HDMI 2.0 DP 1.2 USB C 3.1

(Opinions/Suggestions)
I would enjoy the PIP, Freesync, and higher contrast but I do not know how important it will be as my second monitor more for watching content, media, stocks, discord, and if I want to view a game in 4K. But I also found the Lenovo with the LM270WR4-SSA1 panel which supports wide color gamut, calibrated, and I am hoping since it's meant for more professional work involving colors, has great uniformity. I've only been seeing great things about the Dell S2721QS which the reviews are finally coming out besides the blurry edges but besides that, only great things. On the other hand, even though the Lenovo P27U-10 is 2-3 years old, there seems to not be a large audience or ones to write a review and tests.

(Confused Part)
Now the part which confuses me is that both monitors are HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2 but can DP 1.2 support 4K 60Hz 10 bit (8 bit +FRC) or if Adobe RGB color space affects the bandwidth (couldn't find any evidence it does). Would I be stuck 4K 60Hz 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) without wide color gamut (Lenovo P27U-10) or 4K 30Hz 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) with wide color gamut (Lenovo P27U-10 and Dell S2721QS) due to HDMI 2.0 and DP 1.2? I also can not find anywhere if these monitors are HDCP 2.2 certified for if I want to watch any 4K content from like Netflix, Lenovo P27U-10 says HDCP but does not say 2.2 which I saw there are different versions which do not support 4K making the product feel a tad heartbreaking for the price. I also believe I would enjoy the wider color gamut but I do not know when I'll be able to utilize it, web browsers are in SRGB, so are games (mostly), and I do not know if a game which supports HDR needs the monitor to be HDR compatible to use the DCI-P3 color mapping which the Lenovo P27U-10 isn't HDR and the Dell S2721QS is 99% SRGB. I haven't found anything near the Lenovo P27U-10 color space for the price.

(Thank You)
I would enjoy all responses for help, suggestions, tips, what to expect from and IPS monitor, anything I was incorrect about, and your opinions about anything I mentioned above. I do believe I have mentioned all my questions but if I think of any other, I guess I'll add it on this thread if that's how it works?

This is my first time posting on TomsHardware or really anywhere so I am sorry if I did anything incorrectly.

Last edited: