[SOLVED] Trying to play Blair Witch on Steam

GLE365

Honorable
Aug 19, 2015
And it works, but it's not exactly pretty. I was basically handed a HP Z400 workstation a couple of weeks ago and added:

A X5687 Xeon processor
12 GB ram
A GTX 1060 3GB GPU

I have verified with Core Temp that things are running within normal operating temps....

I just kind of threw this together for my son but thought I would give it a 15 hour test run first. :) Right away I figured out I can't run at high settings and highest resolution. Things were hitching and studdering. I backed it off to medium settings at the next lowest resolution and that is playable at 60 fps but it looks like the screen is 'tearing' in the middle as I scroll side to side. I've never had this happen before and maybe I'm not even describing the issue correctly, but would this be a result of hardware that isn't strong enough? Thanks in advance!

Solution
Sorry, that probably would be helpful.. On a old 2010 50 inch Panasonic Plasma. HDMI connection. I'll have to look into vsync and how to turn it on..

That display probably has a very slow refresh rate, that is why. Try it with a regular monitor, hopefully not a super old one.