[SOLVED] Trying to push my card OC further.

Simon_85

Honorable
Dec 5, 2015
Hi everyone! So I have a MSI RX 6800 XT Gaming X trio and I manage to get after OC (Screen capture of the OC) around 2530Mhz with 1150 mV and with the VRAM maxed at 2150. My temps are low at only 53c on the side and 60c in the middle. my fans are at less then 50%. So my question is, how do i get better performance? My power limit is maxed at 9% ..... Could/should i bypass the power limit? I hope I'm clear and everyone understand haha.

Thanks for your help!

Simon_85

Honorable
Dec 5, 2015
You need to use https://www.igorslab.de/en/red-bios...even-more-stable-overclocking-navi-unlimited/ . Morepowertool now fused into red bios editor. Basically is a vbios modding app.

Be advised, you can f your card up if you do not know what you're doing, so im not taking any responsabilities. (the guide is about a 5700xt but the process SHOULD BE relatively close).

View: https://youtu.be/ca-CbxhJaBQ
Thanks for the help I'll look into it and be carefull hehe. It was hard enough to find a card, i dont need the hasle to find a new one! :D

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Yeah, i mean, ocing really doesn't improve things unless you consider worth taking the risk for what, 5% performance uplift? Meh. It's imo not the time to f around and keep the card running as it is especially when you have to mod bios and stuff, which would def cancel warranty. Ocing a card nowadays it's just to stroke your own ego to see better scores in synthetic benches. No offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phaaze88
Totally agree with the post ^
For the small speed boost it's not worth at all the risk of damaging a card, that goes triple for how things now are with availability and prices. Even if you have a stable overclock going that is not crashing, there is still extra stress on the components, and over time those small stresses can end up in cracked traces, blown capacitors, etc.. Think about all those people that buy a $100,000 sports car and first hour they have it they overpower it and slide into a tree. Better to have something that works a bit slower than something that is dead but used to be faster.