Question Trying to put video on my phone from PC...

acecreator26

Commendable
Mar 9, 2018
I've been considering making a video to post on my Instagram, but I wanted to make it good so I decided to make it on my PC rather than an iPhone app.

I have my video completely finished (done in Davinci Resolve 15) and exported as .MP4. I was going to upload this video to iCloud and then post from my phone. Then I realized that iCloud wasn't letting me upload this video because it doesn't support that file type. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. I can't seem to figure out how to get this video to my phone... and I read an article saying that iPhones uses mpeg-4 for videos.

D

Deleted member 14196

Host it on Dropbox or OneDrive or Google drive

JeckeL

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2009
I've been considering making a video to post on my Instagram, but I wanted to make it good so I decided to make it on my PC rather than an iPhone app.

I have my video completely finished (done in Davinci Resolve 15) and exported as .MP4. I was going to upload this video to iCloud and then post from my phone. Then I realized that iCloud wasn't letting me upload this video because it doesn't support that file type. I don't know what I'm supposed to do here. I can't seem to figure out how to get this video to my phone... and I read an article saying that iPhones uses mpeg-4 for videos.

Can't you just connect your phone via USB to (whatever the connector type that plugs in to charging port on iPhones i forget the name), while your phone is unlocked, plug it in to your computer, your computer should prompt you if you want to browse the files on it, choose yes, navigate to a folder (whatever the folder names/architecture looks like, i forget at the moment) that has other videos in it, this should signify that this is where your phone stores videos saved from your camera, copy/paste the video file in there then disconnect your phone, go in to your gallery and see if it shows up