Trying to RAID my existing setup

Grahamg21

Commendable
Jun 25, 2016
I am currently running a Seagate SV35.6 ST1000VX000 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Surveillance Hard Drive in a computer my brother gave me, I have an available Western Digital Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive and I just bought a 1 x Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 2.5" 240GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SV300S37A/240G.

My question is what RAID setup would be the best for gaming and how complicated is it going to be to transfer the old files and Windows 10. I have no other use for the drives so I wanted to use all three, my main goal is speed, not redundancy or storage.

I have 8gb ram, AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz (4.1 GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 95W FD6300WMHKBOX Desktop Processor, and SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 DirectX 11 100355-1GOCL 1GB 256-Bit graphics card.

Solution
raid is a bad idea with your setup. raid setup will make your ssd run slower. (raid forces ide mode for all hard drives instead of better ACHI which the ssd will need for its speed)

best idea for your system will be install windows 10 uefi to the ssd

use the other two drives as storage. the black drive will be better for programs then he surveillance hard drive. use the surveillance hard drive just for pictures/videos/music storage
raid is a bad idea with your setup. raid setup will make your ssd run slower. (raid forces ide mode for all hard drives instead of better ACHI which the ssd will need for its speed)

best idea for your system will be install windows 10 uefi to the ssd

use the other two drives as storage. the black drive will be better for programs then he surveillance hard drive. use the surveillance hard drive just for pictures/videos/music storage

Solution

TRENDING THREADS