[SOLVED] Trying to rebuild a matched system

Phill Murray

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
I have a big tower I like to use as a graphics station. My power supply has gone and I want to use this as a base for rebuild. I have an Asus M5A99 FX Pro board and want a new (same size) board and processor, graphics card and power supply that match. Looking for the wisdom of the community to make suggestions. I am thinking about options to play with video processing and Kodi like streaming also. My budget is modest so last years "best" & deals are my best hope. Thanks in advance.

Solution
That's fine then, nothing abnormal there. Was hoping you weren't going to say all the same brand/colour etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pHBgwh
Haven't even had to go past gen.

GPU will be fine for your needs, you could drop it a level and get a 12 core processor (if you can find them).

You might be able to tweak it a little, but broadly speaking you can get something decent for a grand.
Not trying to be funny, but what do you mean by 'Match'? What do you mean by a 'graphics station'?

If you just mean things that work together and can run a GPU for 'normal' purposes, then just let us know what the budget is...

What storage do you already have?

Phill Murray

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Not trying to be funny, but what do you mean by 'Match'? What do you mean by a 'graphics station'?

If you just mean things that work together and can run a GPU for 'normal' purposes, then just let us know what the budget is...

What storage do you already have?
I appreciate your question if I have not been specific. I am interested in working with programs like Photoshop and video processing. My case can take an ATX size motherboard. My idea of "match" is to get components that work well together. eg. proper size power supply. I am looking at a budget of $1000. I am going to reuse storage to save some money and am good in that area. To make the budget work I am hoping for bargains like recent models of components, not the latest cutting edge.
Thanks for your interest.

That's fine then, nothing abnormal there. Was hoping you weren't going to say all the same brand/colour etc.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pHBgwh
Haven't even had to go past gen.

GPU will be fine for your needs, you could drop it a level and get a 12 core processor (if you can find them).

You might be able to tweak it a little, but broadly speaking you can get something decent for a grand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phill Murray
Solution