Question Trying to record gameplay, stutters after few minutes

Exploding PSU

Honorable
Jul 17, 2018
Hello everyone,
I've been trying for some time to record Forza Horizon 4 gameplay on my PC. I didn't ask much, just a regular 1080p 60fps gameplay for local consumption. I've been using Radeon ReLive mainly, because compared to other recording software it has the best quality (file size be darned). But, there's some sort of anomaly with these recordings : the resulting video would stutter after around 2-3 minutes (seems to be random). Sometimes the stutter would appear as early as 1:30 minutes in, sometimes I could record 5 minutes straight without any problem whatsoever. Once the stutter starts, it doesn't stop until the end of the video. It looks like the video FPS drop from constant 60 fps to like 40 fps. It doesn't matter what's in the video, whether it's an action-filled video with particles or just literally staying put in one place.

The game doesn't exhibit any performance issues. Rock-solid 60 fps at all times.

I've tried some other recording software, including :
Xbox game bar (or whatever it's called) : Seems to be more stable, it does stutter sometimes but the video quality is really bad, with visible pixels and blotched colors, even using the highest setting available.
ReLive : Best picture quality, but like I said before, stutters after several minutes in
OBS : crashes to desktop.. I've searched about it for a bit and it's caused by OBS "not compatible" with UWP apps. Alternative would be to force it to record the desktop, but the resulting video is very laggy (worse than the other ones)

I haven't tried NZXT cam, but I had horrible experiences with that piece of software so I doubt.

I really need some help with this, I've tried everything, every settings available on Relive, and then some more.. I'm sure I've missed something, but I'm not sure what. I've tried flicking every switches available on that software. Thanks,

Obligatory system specs :

CPU : Ryzen 5 2600
Mobo : MSI X370 SLI Plus
RAM : T-Force Delta R DDR4 3000 8 GB RGB (what a mouthful)
GPU : Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 8GB
SSD : Lexar NM600
HDD : An old 500 GB Seagate Momentus Thin
PSU : Seasonic Gold (the 600W one, recommended by someone here, has been rock solid the entire time)
Cooler : Cryorig H7 QL
Case : some random chinese $20 case