Question Trying to remove MSI dragon center and just install mystic light by itself.

Nov 30, 2019
I need some help to determine in MSI dragon center has been thoroughly removed from my custom PC. I initially downloaded it as a way to control the RGB lighting on my RTX 2060 Super from MSI, but I recently wanted to start getting into overclocking with Afterburner's auto OC scanner and read a lot online about dragon center interfering with windows power plan and afterburner. So I went ahead and decided to uninstall it and just use Ryzen Master and Afterburner for future overclocking (bit of a noob with that stuff), however I can't seem to figure out if I was able to fully get rid of dragon center. I uninstalled it from the Apps and Features section and also deleted the Dragon Center/One Dragon Center directories from ProgramData\MSI and Program Files(x86)\MSI, making sure to remove the MSI SDK as well as the Ryzen Master SDK. There was a built in uninstaller for the MSI SDK which to my knowledge removed everything (I noticed the true color profile disappeared instantly). However I just want to be sure its fully gone from my computer. Anyone else had a similar situation?

You may be overthinking things here. Is the program listing gone from the installed program list? Do you see it running at startup or any menu options for it or anything listed in the Start menu All Programs list? If not, then what makes you think it was not uninstalled?

Nov 30, 2019
You may be overthinking things here. Is the program listing gone from the installed program list? Do you see it running at startup or any menu options for it or anything listed in the Start menu All Programs list? If not, then what makes you think it was not uninstalled?

Yeah I probably am overthinking it. I uninstalled all of the utilities and deleted the directories I just read some stuff online about deleting registry keys and whatnot but that’s a little above me.
Main thing is I just don’t want any remnants of it left to interfere with other OC programs I’m using since it apparently messes with existing settings and writes to the BIOS.

TRENDING THREADS